Adventures of s/v WILD HAIR

ADVENTURES OF WILD HAIR

Our land life took on form, solidity, routine. We had mastery of a limited set of skills. We had habitual expectations of others and ourselves. Going sailing, we let go of our attachments to our roles, views, and rituals. We persist because we are growing in this shapeless and dynamic world.



Sunday, August 23, 2009

Celebrating 50!


It’s official. By now I must be grown up. I turned 50 on July 28th. Hooray!

In honor of the event, my children called, my parents called, and my brother called. Everyone but my brother got a hold of me as he failed to get the memo that my cell phone was in Davy Jones’ locker.

My dear husband cooked for me during the day, took me out for a lovely dinner in Beaufort, NC, and gave me a gift of a toilet. Yes, my 50th birthday present was a toilet. For reasons I won’t explain, this is an especially thoughtful gift. Thankfully, it also comes with installation.

No comments: